Scientific Computing and Differential Equations (Hardcover)
An Introduction to Numerical Methods
Academic Press, 9780122892554, 344pp.
Publication Date: September 30, 1991
Other Editions of This Title:
This book is appropriate for upper undergraduate courses in mathematics, electrical engineering, and computer science; it is also well-suited to serve as a textbook for numerical differential equations courses at the graduate level.
- An introductory chapter gives an overview of scientific computing, indicating its important role in solving differential equations, and placing the subject in the larger environment
- Contains an introduction to numerical methods for both ordinary and partial differential equations
- Concentrates on ordinary differential equations, especially boundary-value problems
- Contains most of the main topics for a first course in numerical methods, and can serve as a text for this course
- Uses material for junior/senior level undergraduate courses in math and computer science plus material for numerical differential equations courses for engineering/science students at the graduate level