A Practical Guide to Ubuntu Linux [With CDROM] (Paperback)
Prentice Hall, 9780132542487, 1251pp.
Publication Date: August 22, 2010
List Price: 49.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
The Most Complete, Easy-to-Follow Guide to Ubuntu Linux
- The #1 Ubuntu server resource, fully updated for Ubuntu 10.4 (Lucid Lynx) the Long Term Support (LTS) release many companies will rely on for years
- Updated JumpStarts help you set up Samba, Apache, Mail, FTP, NIS, OpenSSH, DNS, and other complex servers in minutes
- Hundreds of up-to-date examples, plus comprehensive indexes that deliver instant access to answers you can trust
- Hundreds of easy-to-use Ubuntuexamples
- Importantnetworking coverage, including DNS, NFS, and Cacti
- Coverage of crucial Ubuntu topics such as sudo and the Upstart init daemon
- More detailed, usable coverage of Internet server configuration, including Apache (Web) and exim4 (email) servers
- State-of-the-art security techniques, including up-to-date firewall setuptechniques using gufw and iptables, and a full chapter on OpenSSH
- A complete introduction to Perl scripting for automated administration
- Deeper coverage of essential admin tasks from managing users to CUPS printing, configuring LANs to building a kernel
- Complete instructions on keeping Ubuntu systems up-to-date using aptitude, Synaptic, and the Software Sources window
- And much more...including a 500+ term glossary
About the Author
Mark G. Sobell is President of Sobell Associates Inc., a consulting firm that specializes in UNIX/Linux training, support, and custom software development. He has more than twenty-five years of experience working with UNIX and Linux systems and is author of many best-selling books, including "A Practical Guide to Red Hat(r) Linux(r), Fifth Edition"; "A Practical Guide to Linux(r) Commands, Editors, and Shell Programming, Second Edition"; and "A Practical Guide to Linux(r) for Mac OS(r) X Users "(with Peter Seebach), all from Prentice Hall; and "A Practical Guide to the UNIX System "from Addison-Wesley.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase