Human Behavior and the Social Environment, Micro Level (Paperback)
Individuals and Families
Oxford University Press, USA, 9780199740079, 336pp.
Publication Date: October 11, 2010
Other Editions of This Title:
* Revised with augmented discussions of multiculturalism, Latino/Latina identity issues, and late adulthood to reflect demographic changes in the United States
* Outlines theoretical concepts and practice implications in each chapter
* Places unique emphasis on biology's influence on human behavior, employing the latest empirical data in discussions of matters such as gender differences, genetics, and mental disorders
* Focuses on evidence-based theory and research
* Teaches from a global, cross-cultural, perspective, highlighting themes of empowerment and social justice
* Features dynamic readings, personal narratives, and photographs that highlight each chapter's topic
* Accompanied by an online instructor's manual with lecture presentations, chapter summaries, key terms, suggested classroom activities, and a test bank with essay and multiple choice questions at www.oup.com/us/HBSE/ Don't miss the companion volume, Human Behavior and the Social Environment, Macro Level, Second Edition written with Fred H. Besthorn, which develops a sophisticated and original view of the cultural, global, spiritual, and natural worlds that people inhabit, and the impact of these worlds on human behavior.