A Woman's Guide to Menopause and Perimenopause (Yale University Press Health & Wellness)
Recent groundbreaking research has provided abundant new information on menopause and how women should approach it. This book carefully considers all these findings, explains in detail what we now know about menopause and its treatment, and offers sound guidance for women dealing with the physical and emotional health issues surrounding menopause.
Menopause specialist Dr. Mary Jane Minkin, nationally known not only for her expertise but also for her approachability, answers all the questions about menopause that women want—and need—to ask their health care providers. Dr. Minkin presents scientifically grounded information, explained helpfully and in a non-judgmental manner.
Among the topics included in this volume:
• Hormone replacement therapy, its pros and cons
• Controlling the symptoms of PMS
• Treatments for menopause-related hot flashes, insomnia, and depression
• Menopause and sexuality
• Preventing and detecting cancer of the reproductive organs
• Healthy lifestyle choices for menopausal women
• What the Women’s Health Initiative study findings really mean
Yale University Press, 9780300104356, 432pp.
Publication Date: November 10, 2004