The Wall Street Journal. Complete Small Business Guidebook (Paperback)
Three Rivers Press (CA), 9780307408938, 258pp.
Publication Date: December 29, 2009
Because starting a small business is not only a huge financial risk but also a complete lifestyle change, anyone who wants to be his or her own boss needs to approach entrepreneurship thoughtfully and with careful planning. That’s why there is no better resource than The Wall Street Journal Complete Small Business Guidebook, a practical guide for turning your entrepreneurial dreams into a successful company, from America’s most trusted source of financial advice. It answers would-be business owners’ biggest question—how do I fund my venture?—then explains the mechanics of building, running and growing a profitable business. You’ll learn:
• How to write a winning business plan
• Secrets to finding extra money during the lean years and beyond
• Ways to keep your stress in check while maintaining a work/life balance
• How to manage your time, including taking vacations and dealing
with sick days
• Strategies for keeping your business running smoothly—from investing
in technology to hiring the right people
• Marketing and management basics
• When angel investors or venture capital might be an appropriate way
• How to execute your exit strategy
Running the show may not always be easy, but the rewards can be tremendous. You may be on the job 24/7, but you have the freedom to call the shots, to hire whomever you want, to work when you want and to take your business as far as you want to go.