Whispers in the Reading Room (Chicago World's Fair Mystery #3) (Paperback)
Zondervan, 9780310338499, 352pp.
Publication Date: November 10, 2015
Lydia's job at the library is her world--until a mysterious patron catches her eye . . . and perhaps her heart.
Just months after the closure of the Chicago World's Fair, librarian Lydia Bancroft finds herself fascinated by a mysterious dark-haired and dark-eyed patron. He has never given her his name; he actually never speaks to a single person. All she knows about him is that he loves books as much as she does.
Only when he rescues her in the lobby of the Hartman Hotel does she discover that his name is Sebastian Marks. She also discovers that he lives at the top of the prestigious hotel and that most everyone in Chicago is intrigued by him.
Lydia and Sebastian form a fragile friendship, but when she discovers that Mr. Marks isn't merely a very wealthy gentleman, but also the proprietor of an infamous saloon and gambling club, she is shocked.
Lydia insists on visiting the club one fateful night and suddenly is a suspect to a murder. She must determine who she can trust, who is innocent, and if Sebastian Marks--the man so many people fear--is actually everything her heart believes him to be.
Conversation Starters from ReadingGroupChoices.com
- Is Sebastian Marks a hero? Why or why not?generic viagra price canada
- What were some of Lydia’s strengths? How did she prove to be a capable heroine for a novel set at the turn of the century?generic viagra price canada
- All four main characters have spent most of their lives trying to find the right place to fit in. Do you think this is a common occurrence? Does everyone have to search at one time in his or her life?generic viagra price canada
- The theme of friendship runs throughout the novel, even with Sergio Vlas. How did the need for friendship drive the characters’ actions?generic viagra price canada
- In what ways are Lydia and Sebastian alike? How are they a good match?generic viagra price canada
- What did you think about Vincent Hunt?generic viagra price canada
- One of my favorite things about the writing of this novel was the characters’ love of literature and libraries. How have books enriched your life?generic viagra price canada
- What do you think the future holds in store for Bridget and Vincent? What obstacles, if any, do you feel they will have to overcome?generic viagra price canada
- Each character in the novel eventually comes to terms with the fact that they have been attempting to solve all their problems by themselves. How has prayer and faith helped you over the years?generic viagra price canada