As Fast as Her
Dream Big, Break Barriers, Achieve Success
Other Editions of This Title:
Digital Audiobook (1/17/2022)
Dream big, follow your passion and never give up. Decorated US Olympian and accomplished hockey star Kendall Coyne shares the grit and determination it took to break down barriers and achieve her dreams against tremendous odds, encouraging you to follow your passions and never give up.
The world told Kendall Coyne to slow down. They said "not so fast" when she picked up hockey skates instead of figure skates. They said "just a minute" when she tried out for the boy's team. They told her "you're not enough" so often that she started to believe it. But Kendall had a passion and a dream, so instead of slowing down, she sped up, going on to win Olympic gold and a spot in the Fastest Skater Competition at the 2019 NHL All-Star Weekend.
As Fast as Her explores how Kendall held on to her dream, overcame her insecurities, defied her naysayers, and pushed herself past barriers to achieve her goals--and how you can too Inside this inspirational, sports-meets-real-life inspirational autobiography, Kendall shares:
- stories that illustrate the lessons she's learned and how to apply them for success
- affirmations to help young people believe you are can reach your dreams
- encouragement to fit in, to find your "why," and to create lasting change for others
- her personal trials and triumphs, inspiring you to discover what excites and exhausts you
- motivation to be relentless in achieving your own goals
Kendall pauses throughout her story to equip you with practical take-aways from her journey to become a top athlete and Olympic medalist, appropriately dubbed "Golden Coynes." As Fast As Her also includes behind-the-scenes and personal photos in a full-color, 8-page insert.
As Fast as Her is perfect for:
- readers 13 and up looking for an uplifting true story
- fans of the NHL, Olympic hockey, women's sports, and sports in general
- birthday, Christmas, and holiday gifts for teens and young adults
Zonderkidz, 9780310771135, 240pp.
Publication Date: January 18, 2022