Hypnosis for a Joyful Pregnancy and Pain-Free Labor and Delivery (Paperback)
St. Martin's Griffin, 9780312270230, 192pp.
Publication Date: April 2, 2002
Pregnancy is filled with many joys and much wonder. But this miraculous journey can also be accompanied by a good deal of fear and anxiety. Will my pregnancy be difficult? Will my labor be painful? Will I be a good mother?
While Hypnosis for a Joyful Pregnancy and Pain-Free Labor and Deliver will not be able to provide answers to all of the unknowns, this unique and innovative book can teach you how to lessen the common complaints of pregnancy and ease the pain of childbirth. Step-by-step, you will learn how to use hypnosis to induce a state of calm and comfort during any stage of the journey. Hypnosis is a natural form of anesthesia, providing the added bonus is that you may get to fully experience the joy of childbirth, without the use of an epidural or narcotics.
- Are you a good candidate for hypnosis...will it work for you?
- Creative scripts for inducing a hypnotic state.
- How to put together a birthing team, including finding a qualified hypnotherapist.
- Tricks to treating morning sickness, heartburn, excessive weight gain, insomnia, leg cramps, and other discomforts of pregnancy
- When things don't go as planned; what to do if anesthesia is necessary.
Isn't it time you learned about all of your options? Hypnosis for a Joyful Pregnancy and Pain-Free Labor and Delivery arms you with what you need to know to make the best decision for you and your unborn baby.