The Deadly Neighbors: A Thriller (Hardcover)
Minotaur Books, 9780312356217, 384pp.
Publication Date: November 27, 2007
A taut, fast-paced suspense novel in the tradition of Mary Higgins Clark, The Deadly Neighbors again features the tension-packed storytelling of the talented Merry Jones.
In this third novel featuring art therapist Zoe Hayes, the neighbors are shocked when a woman’s body is discovered in the kitchen of Zoe’s estranged father, Walter. In fact, they suspect Walter of killing her. But as Zoe investigates further, it seems that the neighbors are up to some pretty shocking shenanigans themselves.
As Zoe tries to prove her father’s innocence, she encounters a cruel ring of organized criminals who specialize in dark and deadly forms of entertainment. Trying to escape their grasp, Zoe---with her daughter, Molly, in tow---must solve a series of grisly murders, but in the process, stumbles into secrets that force her to reconnect with a lost and very frightening part of her own past.
About the Author
Praise For The Deadly Neighbors: A Thriller…
Praise for Merry Jones and the Zoe Hayes Mystery Series
“A brooding nightmare with twists and turns to the very last page.”
- Faye Kellerman, author of The Burnt House, on The Nanny Murders
- Midwest Book Review on The Nanny Murders
“Wow. What a zinger of a mystery.”
- Susan Wittig Albert, bestselling author of the China Bayles mystery series, on The Nanny Murders
“Merry Jones has created her own brand of riveting suspense.”
- Karen Harper, Mary Higgins Clark Award–winning author of Dark Angel and the Elizabeth I mystery series
“Fast-paced, fun...will leave readers breathless.”
- Publishers Weekly on The Nanny Murders
“Fast-paced with a likable main character.”
- Booklist on The River Killings
“A page-turning success. It’s hard to put down.”
- The Dallas Morning News on The Nanny Murders
“Superb...Brilliant. Chilling. Riveting.”
- Carolyn Hart, author of Sugarplum Dead, on The Nanny Murders