The Knitting Encyclopedia (Spiral)
A Comprehensive Guide for All Knitters
Griffin, 9780312640163, 224pp.
Publication Date: March 13, 2012
A comprehensive guide to knitting covering all the techniques needed to learn to knit and beyond
The Knitting Encyclopedia is a wonderful reference guide for knitters of all levels. Whether you're just learning to cast on, or designing your first sweater, here is your guide through all the skills you need to get started mastering this amazing craft:
- Materials and equipment-- from types of needles to stitch holders--both basic and advanced equipment is covered in full detail
- The basics-- casting on, knit and purl stitches, and casting off
- Intermediate techniques-- how to read patterns and make patterned stitches using knit and purl combinations
- Advanced and complex techniques like how to adapt patterns to make them your own
- A comprehensive stitch directory, grouped into sections on lightweight stitches, heavyweight stitches, colorwork, lace, aran, and edgings
- The pattern section provides 30 stunning projects to make, with detailed instructions to progress through all the skills needed to become an accomplished knitter.
- 500 color photographs throughout
The hidden spiral binding and easy to use cross-referencing ensure that this will be a user-friendly resource that knitters will turn to again and again.
About the Author
Praise For The Knitting Encyclopedia: A Comprehensive Guide for All Knitters…
"After reviewing the Basic Techniques section, you'll be more than ready to hit the Simple Projects full on." —Knit Simple "If you don't have a knitters reference guide in your private library or are just starting a knitting library, this book has a lot of information all in one place." —Paula Moliver, Hartford Knitting Examiner
"This comprehensive guide from Claire Montgomerie is a clear, informative reference for knitters of all levels." —Knit 1-2-3