Prophecy of the Sisters (Hardcover)
Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, 9780316027427, 352pp.
Publication Date: August 1, 2009
Autumn 2009 Kids' Indie Next List
— Liesl Freudenstein, The Boulder Book Store, Boulder, CO
View the List
An ancient prophecy divides two sisters-
Who will prevail?
Twin sisters Lia and Alice Milthorpe have just become orphans. They have also become enemies. As they discover their roles in a prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other, the girls find themselves entangled in a mystery that involves a tattoo-like mark, their parents' deaths, a boy, a book, and a lifetime of secrets.
Lia and Alice don't know whom they can trust.
They just know they can't trust each other.
About the Author
Praise For Prophecy of the Sisters…
- A Chicago Public Library's Best of the Best book list for 2009
- 2010 Texas Lone Star Reading List selection
- Audio Edition received NAPPA Gold Honors
- Selected as a "Top 10 First Novel for Youth" by Booklist
- A NYPL "Stuff for the Teen Age" pick
Praise for Prophecy of the Sisters:
* "Zink does not shy away from grounding her fantasy in the sisters' characters. This arresting story takes readers to other planes of existence." -Booklist (starred review)
* "An intense and captivating story that gives a whole new meaning to sibling rivalry." -VOYA (starred review)
"Murders, secrets, and spirits haunt the Gothic landscapes as the girls work together to sort the prophecy and their places in it; tingly suspense is craftily managed." -The Bulletin
"A captivating tragedy immersed in a world of spells, Samhain and twisting family allegiances." -Publishers Weekly
"This is a brooding, haunting tale of an ancient struggle between living and dead, with two sisters at its heart. It's Gothic, Edwardian, and absolutely un-put-down-able!" -Tamora Pierce, author of the New York Times bestselling Beka Cooper series