The Bluebird Book (Paperback)
The Complete Guide to Attracting Bluebirds
Little, Brown and Company, 9780316817455, 96pp.
Publication Date: April 15, 1991
List Price: 15.00*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Attract the "bluebird of happiness" to your backyard with this comprehensive and beautifully illustrated guide from America's foremost authorities on birds and nature.
Bluebirds -- an uncommon sight in recent years -- are now coming back, thanks to conservation efforts throughout North America. With the Stokes Bluebird Book, you can bring these charming and beloved birds into your own yard. This comprehensive, fully illustrated guide tells you all you need to know about attracting, observing, and protecting bluebirds. It covers everything from landscaping tips for making bluebirds welcome t how to construct a bluebird feeder.
The book also includes:
- Complete information on bluebird nesting and breeding behaviors
- Instructions for building a bluebird nest box and starting a bluebird trail
- Detailed identification clues and range maps for all three bluebird species
- Lists of bluebird societies and sources of all bluebird supplies
- More than 80 beautiful full-color photographs
About the Author
Donald and Lilian Stokes are widely recognized as America's foremost authorities on birds and nature. They are the hosts of the PBS series BirdWatch with Don and Lilian Stokes. Their books include the bestselling Stokes Field Guide to Birds (Eastern and Western editions).
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase