Why You (Paperback)
How to Make a Living Doing What You Love
New Riders Publishing, 9780321960979, 288pp.
Publication Date: May 9, 2016
List Price: 29.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
How can you overcome inexperience, insecurity, low self-esteem, or fear in order to get what you want? How can you discover what is meaningful and unique about your abilities? How can you truly quantify your talent and stand out? Learn, with Why You: How To Make A Living Doing What You Love. Why You covers the following:
- How to create a meaningful life philosophy for yourself that can guide any creative career and propel your goals
- How to present yourself in meetings, interviews and presentations in a compelling, authentic and persuasive manner
- How to network, promote yourself, and stand out from your competition
- How to construct a resume, a cover letter, and compelling correspondence
- How to organize a portfolio (or any body of work) and how to promote your abilities online and with social media
- How to network and sell yourself in the "real" world with more confidence and success
- How to find your voice, develop your personal brand, and live a creative life
- How to ask for what you want--AND GET IT
About the Author
Debbie Millman has worked in the design business for 30 years. She is the Chief Marketing Officer at Sterling Brands where she has worked on the redesign of over 200 global brands. Debbie is President Emeritus of the AIGA, the largest professional association for design in the world. She is the Editorial and Creative Director at Print Magazine and Chair of the Masters in Branding Program at the School of Visual Arts in New York City. In 2005, she began hosting the first weekly radio talk show about design on the Internet. The show is titled "Design Matters with Debbie Millman" and 250 episodes are now featured on DesignObserver.com. In 2011, the show was awarded a Cooper-Hewitt National Design Award. Debbie is the author of six books on branding and design.
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase