Macular Degeneration (Paperback)
Ballantine Books, 9780345457110, 480pp.
Publication Date: January 1, 2003
- Revolutionary new technology, including laser surgery and alternative treatments
- New research discoveries in nutrition--and eye-healthy recipes
- The latest low-vision computer software programs
- Coping with depression and frustration
- Active online communities of people with macular degeneration Plus a Low Vision Living Rehab program to help you read better, see better, and live independently
About the Author
Praise For Macular Degeneration…
“This is one of the rare books in low vision that I could not put down once I started reading. This book should be read by everyone with macular degeneration, as well as their families, friends, and doctors. . . . It will be required reading for all my residents.”
—RANDALL JOSE, O.D.
Director, Houston Delta Gamma Low Vision Center
Editor, Understanding Low Vision
“An outstanding book—not only educational but inspirational. Everyone with macular degeneration, their family members, and all eye care professionals should have a copy.”
—JOEL A. KRAUT, M.D.
Medical Director, Vision Rehabilitation Service
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Infirmary
Harvard Medical School
“This book should be read, highlighted, and used as a guide by everyone who has macular degeneration, or is at risk of developing it.”
—ROBERT W. MASSOF, Ph.D.
Director, Lions Vision Research and
Johns Hopkins University