The Wow Factor: The 33 Things You Must (and Must Not) Do to Guarantee Your Edge in Today's Business World (Paperback)
The 33 Things You Must (and Must Not) Do to Guarantee Your Edge in Today's Business World
Ballantine Books, 9780345517937, 208pp.
Publication Date: August 31, 2010
In today’s volatile business world, success requires an edge—a factor that sets you apart from the crowd. Who needs the Wow Factor? Executives seeking to reinvent themselves, recent graduates facing fierce competition, entrepreneurs looking for funding in a world where funding is seemingly nonexistent, or anyone who has been downsized, outsourced, or simply blindsided by harsh economic realities. In this paperback edition, corporate coach Frances Cole Jones has added new ways to wow. She shares vital things you must (and must not) do to survive in the current sink-or-swim environment, including how to
• identify and transform the habits that dull your edge
• restore your confidence in these days of “look hungry, go hungry”
• target your dream job, outprepare your interviewer, and get your résumé to the top of the pile
• fine-tune the “soft skills” that will amplify your network
• perfect your written communications—text, email, snail mail
• get the ten worst business sayings out of your vocabulary
Through perfectly timed advice, amusing anecdotes, and proven strategies, The Wow Factor ensures that your ideas and skills remain both timely and timeless—giving you the confidence to wow anyone, anywhere, anytime.
Praise For The Wow Factor: The 33 Things You Must (and Must Not) Do to Guarantee Your Edge in Today's Business World…
“Whether you’re starting out, or starting over, The Wow Factor delivers.”—Keith Ferrazzi, author of Who’s Got Your Back