Trompe L'Oeil (Paperback)
Italy, Ancient and Modern
W. W. Norton & Company, 9780393732412, 95pp.
Publication Date: March 17, 2008
- how to design and build up a landscape step-by-step;
- how to create authentic-looking antique frescoes;
- the best way to arrange a still life;
- the essential components for creating Pompeian motifs for stylish entrance halls, Tuscan landscapes for kitchen and dining areas, and Venetian vistas for luxurious bathrooms;
- how to paint a ceiling in the style of Tiepolo, and what distinguishes it from the skies of Giotto or Mantegna;
- how to create a "Mediterranean" atmosphere; and much more.
The book is a treasure trove of pictorial motifs, painting technique, and design ideas, and it offers a wealth of useful advice on using trompe l'oeil painting in a way that is practical and at the cutting edge of modern-day design.