The Poems of John Keats
A Routledge Study Guide and Sourcebook
Other Editions of This Title:
This sourcebook offers the ideal introduction to the work of John Keats, a central figure in English Romanticism and one of the most popular poets in the literary canon.
The sourcebook is arranged in four sections: Contexts, Interpretations, Key Poems and Further Reading. Each combines clear introductory passgaes with relevant reprinted documents. Key features include:
- a chronology of Keats's life and excerpts from his letters
- an overview of the criticism of his work, from early responses to important recent essays
- excerpts from a range of critical texts, with explanatory headnotes
- extensively annotated full texts or key passages from Keats's most widely studied poems
- helpful recommendations for further reading.
Cross-referencing throughout the volume highlights the links between texts, contexts and reception, enabling even beginners to make original and informed readings of Keats's poque-changing work.
Routledge, 9780415234771, 216pp.
Publication Date: July 1, 2003