The Women's Pharmacy: An Essential Guide to What Women Should Know About Prescription Drugs (Mass Market Paperback)
An Essential Guide to What Women Should Know About Prescription Drugs
Dell, 9780440235378, 480pp.
Publication Date: September 12, 2000
• Easy-to-use A-Z format — features profiles of 300 drugs
• Vital information on side effects and drug interactions
• Cutting-edge research on the latest drug therapies ... and much more
Know the facts about the drugs you take.
With two thirds of the more than 1.6 billion prescriptions a year written for women, there’s an urgent need for a clear, concise resource to help sort through the confusing — and often contradictory — bombardment of information and advertising for the drugs we take.
This authoritative guide provides an essential list of the drugs used exclusively by women — fertility drugs, contraceptives, breast cancer drugs, estrogens — plus drugs for cardiovascular disease, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high cholesterol, diabetes, and other health problems that affect women in greater numbers than men.
• 200 prescription drug profiles covering more than 300 drugs
• Each drug’s brand name, generic name, classification, dosage, side effects, drug and food/alcohol interactions, and pregnancy/nursing risks
• New research on which drugs affect women differently than men
• Facts even your doctor may not know
• Questions to ask the pharmacist — before you take the drug
• Cautions for ordering drugs over the Internet
• Special warnings for seniors
• A guide to nonprescription and over-the-counter medications
Plus — a special women’s resource directory for health-related issues and Web site addresses