Do I Look Like a Daddy to You?: A Survival Guide for First-Time Fathers (Paperback)
A Survival Guide for First-Time Fathers
Random House Value Publishing, 9780440509141, 240pp.
Publication Date: June 5, 2001
It takes a baby to turn a guy into a man.
Hard-won lessons of a first-time father — the good, the bad, and the big-time changes.
"When I used to see a father holding a baby, I thought he was either a poor sap or else an übermensch possessed with talents and levels of forbearance that I would never attain. Now I live on the other side. I'm someone's daddy, and it's the best thing that ever happened to me."
From pregnancy and childbirth through the whirlwind first year of fatherhood, Quinton Skinner shares the adventure of a lifetime: becoming a daddy — and loving it. Nobody said it would be easy. But if imminent fatherhood made Quinton sit up and take notice, baby Natasha's arrival was the making of the man.
Here, with the infinite wisdom of hindsight, is his survival guide for first-time fathers everywhere, filled with hilarious anecdotes and practical advice on how to negotiate that critical first year of your baby's wonderful life.
After a year of on-the-job training, Skinner explores:
• Dealing with the pride — and panic — of your wife's pregnancy (see page 7)
• To be or not to be (in birthing class) (see page 57)
• The moment of truth in the delivery room (see page 77)
• Finding romance after parenthood (see page 102)
• Being the perfect dad while spacing out in front of the TV (see page 112)
• The joys of sleep deprivation (see page 192)
• Becoming a baby chef (see page 177)
• Avoiding the poorhouse (see page 39)
About the Author
Praise For Do I Look Like a Daddy to You?: A Survival Guide for First-Time Fathers…
"An honest romp through the vicissitudes of the most important job of your life."
-- Dr. Drew Pinsky, host of the nationally syndicated radio show Loveline