100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes (100 Best Recipes) (Hardcover)
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 9780470475836, 192pp.
Publication Date: July 16, 2010
An absolute must-have for anyone who lives gluten free, 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes compiles the most basic and vital recipes from top "gfree" diet expert Carol Fenster's 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes—now in a handy, affordable, beautiful package complete with color photos. With celiac disease and non-celiac gluten intolerance becoming more common, a gluten-free diet is essential for a growing number of people. This book gives them safe, gluten-free recipes for the everyday foods they miss most—breads, pasta, muffins, cookies, cakes, pies, and more.
For parents and home cooks who have children or family members who must eat gluten-free meals, this book offers familiar favorites that are just as tasty as the real thing. With crowd-pleasers like Pepperoni Pizza, Spaghetti with Marinara Sauce, and Chicken Marsala with Mushrooms, this book will become the gluten-free cook's best friend in the kitchen, and a great gift.
• Features completely updated recipes
• Includes five brand-new recipes, including nutritious Banana Bread with Chia Seeds, Fresh Chive Flatbread with Dipping Oil, and Chiles Rellenos
• Offers a detailed introductory section with straightforward information on shopping guidelines, explanations of food labels, tips on organizing and stocking your pantry, and handy advice on cooking with gluten-free ingredients
• Written by gluten-free expert Carol Fenster, author of 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes
• Includes 30 beautiful, enticing photos of finished dishes
• Features icons that highlight vegetarian, kids' favorite, and quick recipes that can be prepared in 30 minutes or less
For anyone who keeps a gluten-free kitchen, 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes offers tasty options that make gluten-free cooking easy for every day.
About the Author
CAROL FENSTER is the author of ten gluten-free cookbooks including 100 Best Gluten-Free Recipes and the award-winning 1,000 Gluten-Free Recipes. She is the former associate food editor at Living Without magazine, and her work has been published in the New York Times, Washington Post, Gluten-Free Living, and elsewhere. She lives in Denver, Colorado.