The Future of Jewish Theology (Wiley-Blackwell Manifestos)
List Price: 40.50*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Other Editions of This Title:
This engaging argument for the future of Jewish theology, written by a renowned Jewish scholar, provides a rounded introduction to the faith, its history, and its place in the modern world.
- Explores foundational Jewish structures and concepts through the discussion and interpretation of Jewish texts
- Argues that we must acknowledge holiness as a ritual and ethical reality in order to heal the rift between different forms of Jewish practice and theology
- Covers historical context as well as the relations between Judaism, Israel and the wider world today
- Speaks to both Jews and non-Jews and demonstrates through textual readings how Jews, Christians, and Muslims can understand and share their theological riches
Wiley-Blackwell, 9780470659601, 296pp.
Publication Date: January 22, 2013
About the Author
Steven Kepnes is Murray W. and Mildred K. Finard Professor of Jewish Studies and Religion and Director of Jewish Studies at Colgate University, USA. His research and teaching focuses on Judaism, Jewish philosophy and ethics, and Western traditions in religion and philosophy. He is the author of numerous publications including Jewish Liturgical Reasoning (2007) and editor of Studying the 'Other', Understanding the 'Self' Scripture, Reason and the Contemporary Islam-West Encounter (with Basit Koshul, 2007).
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase