March's Advanced Organic Chemistry (Hardcover)
Reactions, Mechanisms, and Structure
Wiley-Interscience, 9780471720911, 2357pp.
Publication Date: January 1, 2007
* Individual store prices may vary.
The Sixth Edition
of a classic in organic chemistry continues its tradition of excellence Now in its sixth edition, March's Advanced Organic Chemistry
remains the gold standard in organic chemistry. Throughout its six editions, students and chemists from around the world have relied on it as an essential resource for planning and executing synthetic reactions.
The Sixth Edition brings the text completely current with the most recent organic reactions. In addition, the references have been updated to enable readers to find the latest primary and review literature with ease.
New features include:
- More than 25,000 references to the literature to facilitate further research
- Revised mechanisms, where required, that explain concepts in clear modern terms
- Revisions and updates to each chapter to bring them all fully up to date with the latest reactions and discoveries
- A revised Appendix B to facilitate correlating chapter sections with synthetic transformations
About the Author
MICHAEL B. SMITH, PhD, is Professor of Chemistry at the University of Connecticut. His current research interests include studies towards the total synthesis of pancratistatin and related phenanthridone alkaloids; synthesis and structural verification of bioactive bacterial ceramides; the study of reactions associated with or facilitated by conducting polymers; and, the synthesis of dye-conjugates to target cancerous tumors. Jerry March, PhD, (deceased) was a professor in the Department of Chemistry at Adelphi University, Garden City, New York.