Toxics A to Z
A Guide to Everyday Pollution Hazards
List Price: 34.95*
* Individual store prices may vary.
- Toxics A to Z features and alphabetical listing of over 100 toxics, identifying . . .
- What they are
- How they are measured
- Where they are found
- The symptoms of exposure
- What their known risks are
- How we can lessen or avoid those risks
- An easy-to-use Cross-Reference Guide to help readers identify toxics in 18 major groups, including indoor and outdoor air pollutants, household items, and lawn and garden products
- A glossary of terms, explanation of abbreviations, and listing of sources for further help and information
University of California Press, 9780520072244, 576pp.
Publication Date: September 9, 1991
About the Author
John Harte is professor and chair of the Energy and Resources Group at the University of California, Berkeley, where Richard Schneider and Christine Shirley completed their degrees. Harte is the author of many scientific papers and books, including The Green Fuse (California, 1993). Cheryl Holdren holds a Ph.D. from Stanford University. A population biologist, she specializes in insect and plat ecology.