Bella Figura (Digital Audiobook)
How to Live, Love, and Eat the Italian Way
Publication Date: May 7, 2018
This is the bella figura, the Italian concept of making every aspect of life as beautiful as it can be, that Kamin Mohammadi discovered when she escaped the London corporate media world for a year in Italy. Following the lead of her new neighbors, she soon found a happier, healthier, and more beautiful way of living.
The bella figura knows:
• That the food that you eat should give you pleasure while eating it. Pause for meals, and set a place, even if you are eating alone.
• To seize any opportunity to get moving—be it taking the stairs, doing a coffee run at work, or dancing with abandon.
• To drink a spoonful of excellent-quality extra-virgin olive oil four times a day.
• To seek out nature, be it a city park, a tree on your street, or some wild place.
• And to love yourself. The bella figura—occupies her space, emotionally and physically, with style and entitlement.
About the Author
KAMIN MOHAMMADI was born in Iran in 1969 and exiled to the UK in 1979. She is an experienced journalist, travel writer, and broadcaster who has written for the British and international press including The Times (London), Financial Times, Harper's Bazaar, Marie Claire, and The Guardian.