The Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club #1) (Paperback)
Scholastic Paperbacks, 9780545174756, 176pp.
Publication Date: April 1, 2010
List Price: 6.99*
* Individual store prices may vary.
It all began with a great idea ... and the inspiring original story of the Baby-sitters Club is back! Kristy Thomas's brilliant business plan gets off to a great start with the help of Claudia Kishi (vice-president), Mary Anne Spier (secretary), and Stacey McGill (treasurer).
About the Author
Ann M. Martin is the creator of The Baby-sitters Club, which has more than 176 million books in print, making it one of the most popular series in the history of publishing. Her novels include A Corner of the Universe (a Newbery Honor Book), Belle Teal, Here Today, A Dog's Life, On Christmas Eve, and the Main Street and Family Tree series, as well as the much-loved collaborations P.S. Longer Letter Later and Snail Mail No More, with Paula Danziger. Ann lives in upstate New York.
Conversation Starters from ReadingGroupChoices.com
- Have you and your friends ever started a club? If so, what kind of club did you start and how did you put it together? If not, what kind of club would you form and why?
- Hobbies are important to all of the girls—Kristy likes sports, Claudia is into art, Stacey has fun shopping, and Mary Anne enjoys writing. What are some of your favorite hobbies? Is there a hobby you haven’t explored yet but would like to try?
- Write a Top Ten Tips list every baby-sitter should know. Examples: Be a good listener; Plan games and activities during your time.
- Claudia’s older sister Janine, and Kristy’s older brother Sam often tease their younger siblings and friends. Have you ever been teased by an older sibling or a friend’s older sibling? What do you do when this happens? Do you tease back, tell on him/her, or ignore it?
- Each of the girls in the Baby-sitters Club has a unique personality. Sometimes, the closest friends can have the most differences, but there is always something that keeps them connected. What keeps these girls close? What makes you bond with your friends?
- At first, Kristy is stubborn about not wanting to baby-sit Watson’s children, but soon learns that his kids are very sweet and nice. Describe a situation when you didn’t want to do something, but afterward realized it wasn’t as bad as you expected.