Just Grace Walks the Dog (The Just Grace Series #3)
Other Editions of This Title:
Unfortunately, he’s only made of cardboard and rides a skate board. Grace is determined though to prove to her parents that she is responsible and dependable enough to get a real dog.
Things you learn in this book:
1. Sometimes it is okay to be sneaky if you don’t get caught.
2. How to do flashlight Morse code.
3. What happened at school that was exciting: nothing.
4. How it feels to walk into your class after going to the principal’s office!
5. Many other things, but most important, how to convince your parents to MAYBE let you get a dog. A real one, not one made of cardboard.
Praise For Just Grace Walks the Dog (The Just Grace Series #3)…
"Perfect for beginning chapter book readers…Youngsters will identify with the protagonist…Everything rings true in the book.” SLJ March 2008 School Library Journal
"Harper has created a quick enjoyable read in this third 'Grace' book. "- LMC 05/01/08 Library Media Connection
"...expertly written in realistic and easy-to-read first-person narrative...Harper perfectly captures the voice and language of a spunky 8-year-old." Pittsburg Post Gazette
HMH Books for Young Readers, 9780547237534, 176pp.
Publication Date: May 18, 2009
About the Author
Charise Mericle Harper is the author and illustrator of many books for children, including the Just Grace series and the Next Best Junior Chef series. Charise lives in Oregon. Visit Charise at chariseharper.com and on Twitter at @ChariseHarper.