The Wisdom of Menopause: Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change (Paperback)
Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change
Bantam, 9780553386721, 768pp.
Publication Date: January 3, 2012
- updated mammogram guidelines--and how thermography improves breast health
- the latest on the glycemic index, optimal blood sugar levels, and ways to prevent diabetes
- dietary guidelines revealing that hidden sugar--not dietary fat--is the main culprit in heart disease, cancer, and obesity
- all you need to know about perimenopause and why it's critical to your well-being
- a vital program for ensuring pelvic health during and after menopause
- strategies to combat osteoporosis and strengthen bones for life With this trusted resource, Dr. Christiane Northrup shows that women can make menopause a time of personal empowerment--emerging wiser, healthier, and stronger in both mind and body than ever before.
About the Author
Praise For The Wisdom of Menopause: Creating Physical and Emotional Health During the Change…
Praise for the works of Christiane Northrup, M.D.
The Wisdom of Menopause
“…One menopause book does rise…above the rest. Now celebrating its 10th anniversary, [The Wisdom of Menopause] is the bible of middle-aged womanhood.”—Sandra Tsing Loh, The Atlantic
"The Wisdom of Menopause offers an honest look at the menopausal transition. This is sometimes painful, sometimes humorous, but never boring. If you are looking for realistic, positive, and constructive solutions to the inevitable challenges of life, then look no further—you have found your sourcebook.”—The North American Menopause Society
“Northrup writes from experience and, more important, from her professional expertise as a physician who has treated many women and researched menopause. The specific medical advice on sleep, diet, breast health and the empowerment motif will bring insight, comfort and confidence to women embarked on ‘the change.’ ”—Publishers Weekly
Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom
“I recommend Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom to all women and also to all men who want to understand and nourish the women in their lives.”—Deepak Chopra, M.D., author of Reinventing the Body, Resurrecting the Soul
“A masterpiece for every woman who has an interest in her body, her mind, and her soul.”—Caroline Myss, Ph.D., author of Defying Gravity