The Family--Where Violence Begins, Recognizing and Stopping It (Paperback)
iUniverse, 9780595308675, 144pp.
Publication Date: March 8, 2004
- What constitutes emotional, physical and sexual abuse
- How to break the cycle of abuse
- Why abuse leads to violence
- How childhood experiences affect relationships and perceptions
- Where to find community resources
- How patterns of violence are intergenerational and how to avoid handing them down to the next generation
- How social denial has continued to perpetuate violence
- Why social denial must be countered
Rainee Winkler is a Licensed Clinical Social Worker practicing since 1980, specializing in trauma, domestic violence and child abuse. Her concern with the escalating patterns of violence has been the propelling force behind writing, "The Family--Where Violence Begins, Recognizing and Stopping It.