The Science, Art and Voodoo of Freelance Pricing and Getting Paid
Are you struggling to price your freelance services profitably? Do you feel as if prospective clients always have the upper hand during the sales and negotiations process? Or are you busier than ever but not making as much money as you believe your skills and experience warrant? You've probably thought, "There's got to be a better way to do this"--and you're absolutely correct The Science, Art and Voodoo of Freelance Pricing and Getting Paid teaches you:
- 6 key facts and 10 essential fudge factors to consider before you ever send out an estimate
- 8 formats in which to present your bid, including the #1 most persuasive strategy to get clients to buy without haggling on price
- Why you should never discount your price as a first step in negotiating, and what you should do instead
- The one hidden resource that you must create--not only to keep bad clients in line, but to avoid them in the first place
- 8 reasons to increase your prices--and 4 ways to do it without client pushback
- Sure-fire tips to get slow-pay and no-pay clients in line
- How to increase your income with rush jobs, becoming a hero without driving yourself nuts - How your "pay-to-hassle" ratio can red-flag a client you need to dump
- The professional approach to creating invoices that can get you paid sooner
You'll also find many more practical, easy-to-implement insights that can help you secure freelance jobs at a higher rate than you've ever thought possible.
More Cowbell Books, LLC, 9780615872254, 92pp.
Publication Date: September 9, 2013