The Blackwell Companion to Hinduism (Blackwell Companions to Religion)
List Price: 268.25*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Other Editions of This Title:
An ideal resource for courses on Hinduism or world religions, this accessible volume spans the entire field of Hindu studies. It provides a forum for the best scholars in the world to make their views and research available to a wider audience.
- Comprehensively covers the textual traditions of Hinduism
- Features four coherent sections covering theoretical issues, textual traditions, science and philosophy, and Hindu society and politics
- Reflects the trend away from essentialist understandings of Hinduism towards tradition and regional-specific studies
- Includes material on Hindu folk religions and stresses the importance of region in analyzing Hinduism
- Ideal for use on university courses.
Wiley-Blackwell, 9780631215356, 599pp.
Publication Date: February 7, 2003
About the Author
Gavin Flood is Head of the Department of Religious Studies at the University of Stirling. Among his publications are Beyond Phenomenology: Rethinking the Study of Religion (1999), An Introduction to Hinduism (1996), and Body and Cosmology in Kashmir OEaivism (1993).
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase