An Annotated Anthology (Blackwell Annotated Anthologies #2)
List Price: 98.75*
* Individual store prices may vary.
Victorian Poetry: An Annotated Anthology is a fully annotated and illustrated collection of Victorian poetry.
- Features a generous selection of work by all the major figures of the age, including Matthew Arnold, Elizabeth Barrett Browning, Robert Browning, Alfred Tennyson, and Oscar Wilde
- Presents several long poems in their entirety, such as Arnold's 'Empedocles on Etna', Clough's Amours de Voyage, Meredith's Modern Love and Tennyson's In Memoriam AHH
- Each poet is introduced by a biographical headnote
- Each poem is introduced by a headnote giving publication details, biographical facts, contextual material, and other information
- The poems themselves are all fully annotated
- Extensive introductory material enables readers to read across the volume chronologically, thematically, or by individual author
- Features twelve black and white illustrations of images referred to in or relevant to the poetry
Wiley-Blackwell, 9780631234364, 736pp.
Publication Date: June 18, 2004
About the Author
Francis O'Gorman is Senior Lecturer in Victorian Literature at the University of Leeds, a Fellow of the Royal Historical Society, and a Companion of the Guild of St George. He has written widely on the Victorian period, including the books John Ruskin (1999) and Late Ruskin: New Contexts (2001) and is the editor of The Victorian Novel (Blackwell Publishing, 2002).
Not Currently Available for Direct Purchase