Whales, Dolphins, and Other Marine Mammals of the World (Princeton Field Guides) (Paperback)
Princeton University Press, 9780691127576, 384pp.
Publication Date: December 1, 2006
This breathtakingly beautiful book brings readers nose-to-nose with all of the world's marine mammals-a comprehensive line-up of remarkable whales, dolphins, porpoises, seals, walruses, otters, polar bears, dugongs, and manatees.
A highly practical field guide, it combines state-of-the-art illustrations with superb color photographs and detailed maps. The book highlights key field marks and clearly summarizes the types of behaviors that marine-mammal watchers may observe.
Where other guides settle for static or wooden images and descriptions, this one comes to life with the kind of detailed text and stunning photos that make for a go-to reference guide. Armed with this book, any observer anywhere in the world should be able to identify the marine mammals they encounter.
- A go-to field guide to all of the world's marine mammals
- Contains key field marks and summaries of behavior
- Over 450 stunning color photos
- 124 color maps
- Over 500 beautiful new illustrations
- An exquisite blend of text, illustrations, and photos, harmonized for practical field usage
- Suitable for both amateurs and seasoned professionals