Urban Rambles (Paperback)
20 Glorious Walks Through English Cities
Frances Lincoln, 9780711239746, 256pp.
Publication Date: December 25, 2018
Each of these 20 walks includes:
- a GPS enabled map configured for your mobile device
- specially commissioned illustrations of the route and walk data
- inspiring photographs of the things you will see along the way
- information on green spaces and architectural gems
- recommended cafes, pubs and independent shops
Choose from cathedral cities like York and Lincoln, seats of learning like Cambridge and Oxford, trading ports like Bristol and Liverpool, cities designed for pleasure like Brighton and Bath. Choose to visit Victorian industrial cities Manchester, Sheffield and Birmingham, and of course the nation’s capital, where a new 25-mile circular route takes you from urban regeneration through the Olympic Park and past rivers, parks and palaces.
About the Author
Nicholas Rudd-Jones is the co-author of Pathways, a book on the origin of paths, published by Guardian Books in 2011. It was in the Top 10 Guardian bestseller’s list for several weeks, and was referenced in Robert Macfarlane’s seminal work, The Old Ways. He is also the co-founder of www.walkingworld.com, the UK’s largest online archive of walking routes, with over 6,500 walks across the whole country. Follow @urbanrambles and visit www.urbanrambles.org