Ocean Atlas (Hardcover)
A journey across the waves and into the deep (Amazing Adventures)
QEB Publishing, 9780711251861, 64pp.
Publication Date: August 18, 2020
A comprehensive exploration of our oceans, covering geography, ecosystems, and animals through a mix of illustrations, photographs, maps, and diagrams. Map out the oceans layers, from the sunlight zone to the abyss, exploring the conditions within each zone and the different creatures that live there, as well as exploring features of the ocean floor such as underwater volcanoes, thermal vents, and the mid-Atlantic ridge.It also:
- Explores ocean currents and tides.
- Looks at the migrations of different ocean-dwelling creatures.
- Maps the sea bed, including information on how oceanographers gather their data
- Explores sea temperatures and ocean chlorophyll and plankton, looking at the impact these elements have on ecosystems.
- Looks at environmental issues such as pollution, acidification, ice-cap melt and rising temperatures.
About the Author
Ana Djordjevic is an illustrator and graphic designer born in Serbia. After graduating from the Dutch Institute of Fine Art in Arnhem, Ana started out as an illustrator for various agencies.
Tom Jackson has been a writer for 20 years. He has written more than 100 books and contributed to many more, covering everything from axolotls to zoroastrianism. His specialties are natural history, technology and all things scientific. Tom studied zoology at Bristol University and has had spells working in zoos and as a conservationist. He’s mucked out the polar bears and fed the penguins, planted trees in Somerset, surveyed Vietnamese jungle and rescued wildlife from drought in Africa. Writing jobs have also taken him to the Galápagos Islands, the Amazon rainforest, the coral reefs of Indonesia and the Sahara Desert. Today, Tom lives in Bristol, England, with his wife and three children, and can be found mostly in the attic.