The One Who Waits for Me (Paperback)
Harvest House Publishers, 9780736930185, 300pp.
Publication Date: August 1, 2011
Bestselling author Lori Copeland (Walker's Wedding and Outlaw's Bride) sets her brand-new story in North Carolina the months after the Civil War. In the midst of chaos, there is also a sense of possibility and the hope of love when:
- Sisters Beth and Joanie run from a vindictive uncle toward healing
- Trella, a pregnant young slave, leaves a plantation for freedom
- Gray Eagle, a Cherokee military scout, finds refuge for the young women
- Captain Pierce, a quiet man of faith, heads for a plot of land and a new life
- Samuel, a black soldier, longs to follow his father's preaching legacy
The intersecting lives and tales of these engaging characters and those they meet along the way create an uplifting story of tested faith, growing seeds of love, and the challenge and gift of believing God's promise of a future.