8 Weeks to Optimum Health (Compact Disc, Abridged)
Random House Audio Dimensions, 9780739314869
Publication Date: December 7, 2004
Listen to the good doctor!
In Eight Weeks to Optimum Health, Dr. Andrew Weil translates the brilliant insights and discoveries he outlined in his acclaimed bestseller, Spontaneous Healing, into a practical plan of action: a week-by-week, step-by-step program for enhancing and protecting present and lifelong health.
The Eight-Week Program sets up a foundation for healthy living that will keep your body's natural healing system in peak working order. With clearly defined and authoritatively informed recommendations, Dr. Weil explains how to
* Build a lifestyle that protects you from premature illness and disability
* Fine-tune your current eating habits so that your diet is more nutritious
* Walk and stretch in regimens that satisfy weekly exercise requirements
* Safeguard your healing system by adding four antioxidant supplements--vitamin C and E, selenium, and mixed carotenes--to your diet
* Incorporate five basic breathing exercises for greater relaxation and energy
* Benefit from visualization, overcome sleeping problems, and test and filter your water supply
* Make art, music, and the natural world more important parts of your life
PLUS--a dozen tailored programs that address the specific needs of pregnant women, senior citizens, overweight people, and those at risk for cancer.
Praise For 8 Weeks to Optimum Health…
“If there is a heaven, sixtysomething Weil is headed there, but if he practices what he preaches, probably not for some time yet.”
– London Times
“Dr. Andrew Weil is an extraordinary phenomenon.”
–The Washington Post