It's Never Too Late to Build a Customer-Focused Company
* Individual store prices may vary.
Other Editions of This Title:
In Customer Mania , Ken Blanchard, one of America's biggest bestselling authors and inspiring business leaders, writes of the key to customer service--creating a people-oriented, performance-driven, customer-first organization.
Customer service is the single most pressing problem for business managers and people in any service or sales operation, especially at the retail level. In fact, many experts believe that you build a business from the customer up. With coauthors Jim Ballard and Fred Finch, Blanchard explains why the customer is the right starting place from which to build a successful business. By drawing on examples from the world's largest restaurant company, Yum --owner of KFC, Taco Bell, Pizza Hut, Long John Silver's, and A&W Restaurants--the authors explain how any company, large or small, can develop a unified, people-first, customer-oriented culture. Packed with practical insights, Customer Mania emphasizes four critical steps:
- Set Your Sights on the Right Target. The bottom line grows from taking care of customers and creating a motivating environment for your people.
- Treat Customers the Right Way. Determine the kind of experience you want your customers to have as they interact with every part of the company.
- Treat Employees the Right Way. Use strategies ranging from smart hiring to training and development to managing performance and creating a recognition culture.
- Build the Right Kind of Leadership. You can't do it all yourself, so let your people put their own brains to work and then support them all the way.
By relying on these concepts, businesses everywhere can cultivate passionate and engaged team members who contribute to the company's overall success. From CEO to middle manager to the person facing the consumer, Customer Mania
is a vital tool for enhancing their experience -- and their customer's.
Free Press, 9780743270298, 208pp.
Publication Date: March 22, 2016
About the Author
Jim Ballard has written a number of inspirational books, including Mind Like Water and What's the Rush? He has coauthored several popular books along with bestselling business guru Ken Blanchard. Teachings of the worldrenown author and yogi Paramahansa Yogananda inspired Jim to write this wave fable. Jim is a business consultant, hospice volunteer, and Big Brother. He lives in Amherst, Massachusetts. Please visit Jim's website at www.littlewave.org.