Four Principles to Improve Your Life
Other Editions of This Title:
Digital Audiobook (1/24/2022)
People think happiness is a singular feeling, but it isn’t. The real way to feel happier is to expand your definition of happiness and manage your Happiness Zappers.
Pamela Gail Johnson, founder of the Society of Happy People, identified the four practical happiness principles that have helped thousands of people shift their mindsets so they naturally notice more happiness, whether it feels sparse, abundant, or somewhere in between. Pamela shares real stories from real people who put the four practical happiness principles into action. With thought-provoking workbook-style questions, you can immediately apply these principles to your life. You’ll discover:
• How happiness is unique to you and your circumstances
• How to manage common experiences that zap your happiness
• How happiness changes
• Thirty-One Types of Happiness
If you’re tired of positive thinking, to-do lists, or science-based books about happiness, you’ll love the simple and realistic approach Practical Happiness takes for you to improve your life. It should come with a warning label—CAUTION: You will feel happier.
Praise For Practical Happiness: Four Principles to Improve Your Life…
- Marci Shimoff, #1 New York Times bestselling author of Happy for No Reason and Chicken Soup for the Woman’s Soul
"As a tour guide on the journey to happiness, Pamela Gail Johnson is good company. And more importantly, she knows the way. Practical Happiness is warm and wise and worth your time."
- David Niven, Ph.D., bestselling author of The 100 Simple Secrets of Happy People
“If happiness is a habit, practicing Pamela Gail Johnson's principles are the roadmap to more fulfillment and wellbeing. Her book is full of real stories about real people putting her strategies into practice for a happier work and home life.”
- Nir Eyal, bestselling author of Indistractable: How to Control Your Attention and Choose Your Life
"I love the 4 principles of practical happiness in this book. Truly a fresh take on how to be happier. I can't recommend it highly enough!"
- MJ Ryan, bestselling author of The Happiness Makeover, Attitudes of Gratitude, and 365 Health and Happiness Boosters among other titles
"Pamela has given us a way to be happy and to mean it. Practically. Realistically. Authentically. And while we will not always be happy in every moment, at least we can be happy consistently and with meaning. Give this book to someone as a gift and you could be giving them the gift of real happiness. Who knows? Maybe that person is yourself."
- Tim David, author of Magic Words, The Four Levels of Influencing People, and The 7-Day Digital Diet
“Practical Happiness is a well-researched, yet applicable method to taking charge of your own happiness and bettering your life.
- David Burkus, author of Leading from Anywhere, Friend of a Friend, and Myths of Creativity
"With her personal, easy-to-digest, highly readable tone, Johnson walks you through all the ways in which happiness is an inside job, and how you can get more happiness inside of yourself. This page-turner is packed with wisdom you can put to use right now.”
- Elizabeth Scott, Ph.D., author of 8 Keys to Stress Management and founder of TranquilityTools.com
“Practical Happiness: Four Principles to Improve Your Life, is a wonderful book! It is filled with simple ways to increase your happiness. Read this book and be happier!”
- Mike Duffy, author of The Happiness Book: A Positive Guide to Happiness and Founder of The Happiness Hall Of Fame
“The emotionally charged stories Pamela shares from interviewing dozens of people who chose 'to be happy no matter what' give all of us deeper understanding of 'real' happiness in practical terms that can be easily applied to every-day life.”
- Dennis Yu, host of the Coach Yu Show
"Pamela Johnson walks her talk. This book is packed with actionable items that anyone can easily implement. The stress of the pandemic has made this book more necessary now than ever."
- Jeff Crilley, former Emmy Award Winning reporter and CEO of Real News PR
“A great read for anyone who is looking for practical tips and strategies to create more happiness in their lives. Pamela allows you to take a different approach to creating your happiness, and shares stories that are relatable and inspiring.”
- Michelle Wax, founder, American Happiness Project
“The four principles taught in Practical Happiness are so simple to apply. I love that it has a fill-in-the blank workbook style so you can take action while you read. Read this with a pen if you’re ready to smile again."
- Jeff J. Hunter, founder of VAStaffer.com and Creator of the CORE Branding Method
“Pursuing happiness is the most basic of human objectives but yet one that can remain elusive. In a time where languishing seems more the norm than flourishing, what could be more timely than a pragmatic perspective on how to cultivate happiness! Pamela has created a practical guide to build a skill that is crucial to enhance our individual life experience and our collective energy of gratitude and optimism.”
- Susan Sobbott, board member, senior advisor, & former American Express president of OPEN, GCP, GCS
Health Communications Inc, 9780757324130, 240pp.
Publication Date: January 4, 2022
About the Author
Pamela and the Society have been featured in many national and regional magazines and newspapers, including People magazine, Newsweek, The Washington Post, The Cotsco Connection, USA Today, Prevention, Harper’s, Yoga Journal, Self, Redbook, Glamour, The Wall Street Journal, The Dallas Morning News, and The Los Angeles Times. Numerous broadcast outlets have featured Pamela and the Society, including CNN, Good Morning America, The List, local TV network affiliates around the country, and radio stations nationwide. Pamela’s work with the Society has also been covered by The Associated Press.
The Society has been featured in several books, including 365 Health and Happiness Boosters by M.J. Ryan, Live Your Passion by Scott Trudo, Think You’re The Only One? by Seth Brown, Voices of Truth by Nina L. Diamond, and Chase’s Calendar of Events, as well as the Every Day’s A Holiday calendar.