Aerosmith, 50th Anniversary Updated Edition
The Ultimate Illustrated History of the Bad Boys from Boston
This massive, visually exhilarating celebration in hardcover provides a front-row seat to the Boston Bad Boys’ entire career: scrapping their way cross-country in the 1970s, scrapping their way back to the top of the heap in the late 1980s, and scrapping with each other the entire way. Updated with 16 additional pages of text and photographs, this complete history of one of the world's most successful and popular bands features:
- A lively and honest band history by music journalist Richard Bienstock
- Sidebar album reviews from a host of well-known music journalists, including Greg Kot, Jaan Uhelszki, Chuck Eddy, Bill Holdship, Martin Popoff, Daniel Bukszpan, and more
- Nearly 400 photos of the band, on and off the stage, and images of rare memorabilia, including gig posters, backstage passes, ticket stubs, 7-inch picture sleeves, and more
- Advice from Steven Tyler and Joe Perry to young bands
- A survey and discussion of the guitars employed by Joe Perry and Brad Whitford over their 50 years in—and out—of Aerosmith
- An Aerosmith discography encompassing all official audio and video releases
Voyageur Press, 9780760369357, 240pp.
Publication Date: September 22, 2020
About the Author
Richard Bienstock is an editor with Guitar World and Guitar Aficionado magazines and the author of Aerosmith: The Ultimate Illustrated History (Voyageur Press, 2011) and Slash: An Intimate Portrait (Insight Editions, 2012). Bienstock lives in Brooklyn, NY.