Sweet Talk Cookies
Creative Designs for Birthdays, Holidays, and Everyday
Finally, a cookie book that’s sweet and sassy! Sweet Talk Cookies has gloriously out-of-the-ordinary cookie designs.
If you're sick of the same-old cookies, if you can't possibly decorate another bland tree or stocking, look no further. Hayley Callaway, founder of Hayley Cakes and Cookies (@thehayleycakes), has just what you need—whether that's a taco truck and message cookie that says "Feed me and tell me I'm pretty" or a T-rex hanging Christmas lights. When it comes to designs, this is a book filled with cookies that have character, for year-round fun. Chapters span the seasons, including both holiday-related motifs and designs that simply celebrate something like summer fun (helllooo snow cones!).
If you're looking to really make these cookies your own, you'll love the creative lettering workshop. Once you master the art of writing with icing, you can customize to your heart's content!
Inside, you'll find all this and more:
- A complete cookie class: Outlining all the key materials and techniques needed in the rest of the book.
- Recipes: Hayley's signature cookie and icing recipes.
- Writing workshop: The key to making the cookies your own!
- Christmas cookies: Just try and pick your favorite from the what's crackin' nutcracker, Rudolph the sprinkle-nose reindeer, and a cookie that is decorated like a tray of Christmas cookies.
- Holiday cookies: Cookies to pop the bubbly and celebrate the New Year, fa-boo-lous Halloween cookies, ideas for your Valentine, and even a couple birthday party cookies.
- Animal cookies: A whole farm of mini-animals as well as bears, a rainbow turtle, even unicorns!
- Summer cookies: Have some fun in the sun with mermaids, fancy seashells, watermelon, tie-dye shirts, and more.
- And even more cool designs: Cowboy boots, eggs and bacon, carved woodgrain, a watercolor cactus...the sky's the limit!
If you are the type of person who demands cookies not only taste good, but be in good taste, this is your cookie book soul mate!
Harvard Common Press, 9780760371596, 192pp.
Publication Date: November 23, 2021
About the Author
Hayley Callaway started Hayley Cakes and Cookies in high school, creating baked goods for her teachers and friends. After finishing college, she doubled down on the business. Her unique cookies, with jokes, memes, and funny ideas that made people laugh, launched Hayley Cakes and Cookies from a local business to a nationwide viral success story. The same year she opened her first brick and mortar location in Austin, TX, she was featured on Buzzfeed and a few other popular sites. By the next year, the business had more than doubled and she was featured on Good Morning America, Food Network, The Kelly Clarkson Show, and more. Hayley's bakery has continued to grow, now with two Austin locations and a third location in planning for Houston. Find her online as @thehayleycakes on Instagram or visit her site: hayleycakesandcookies.com.