Black & Decker The Complete Photo Guide to Treehouses 3rd Edition
Design and Build Your Dream Treehouse
Featuring extended building techniques in step-by-step photo-illustrated instruction.
For kids, a treehouse is a room that never has to be cleaned, a place for muddy shoes and bug jars and adventures real and imagined; a house that you can paint whenever and however you want, without gaining approval. For adults, it’s a room that never has to be cleaned, a place for muddy shoes and…well, you get the idea. But best of all a treehouse is up in a tree. And that’s just cool.
Filled with inspiring photos of finished treehouses and easy-to-follow instructions for building your own, learn with your family treehouse basics—choosing a tree, planning and design, treehouse safety—followed by building techniques for:
- Platforms designed for various tree configurations
- Framing and finishing walls and railings
- Finishing interiors with paneling, shelves, and flip-down tables and bunks
- Doors, both classic and in fun shapes
- Windows, including shutters and pop-ups
- Building and framing roofs
- Modes of access, including ladders, stairs, trap doors, and a fireman’s pole
- Playthings, including swings, a zip line, a rock climbing wall, slides, and more
Build the treehouse you and your kids have always dreamed of with BLACK+DECKER The Complete Guide to Treehouses 3rd edition.
Cool Springs Press, 9780760371619, 224pp.
Publication Date: June 21, 2022
About the Author
Mark Johanson is an experienced home improvement, woodworking and gardening writer and editor. He has collaborated and directed the production of more than 400 do-it-yourself books, including over 75 under the BLACK+DECKER® brand. He has also written numerous magazine and online articles on DIY topics. He lives in Saint Paul, Minnesota.
Philip Schmidt is an avid environmentalist and a home improvement expert who has written many successful DIY books, including Build Your Kids a Treehouse, The Complete Guide to Patios, and The Complete Guide to Contemporary Sheds.