Educating Hearts and Minds (Hardcover)
A Comprehensive Character Education Framework
Corwin Publishers, 9780761976899, 232pp.
Publication Date: October 18, 2000
Other Editions of This Title:
Merge new ideas in character education research with best practices in schools and districts with this second edition. The authors provide the most up-to-date and comprehensive framework for K-12 administrators, educators, and concerned citizens. It offers easy access to what works, supported by in-depth rationale. The authors propose standards, promising practices, and assessment instruments that can be personalized to fit the needs and interests of any school, student population, school district, or community.
Highlighted are keys for success in building a character education program:
- Six sets of standards for character education
- Six tips for leaders
- Five tips to ensure reaching consensus
- Five classroom expectations
- Strategies for school culture and classroom climate
- Steps for developing a values curriculum
- Co-curricular activities
- Teaching principles
- Staff development and personnel training