CliffsQuickReview Geometry (Paperback)
Cliffs Notes, 9780764563805, 208pp.
Publication Date: May 15, 2001
From planes, points, and postulates to squares, spheres, and slopes — and everything in between — CliffsQuickReview Geometry can help you make sense of it all. This guide introduces each topic, defines key terms, and walks you through each sample problem step-by-step. Begin with a review of fundamental ideas such as theorems, angles, and intersecting lines. In no time, you'll be ready to work on other concepts such as
- Triangles and polygons: Classifying and identifying; features and properties; the Triangle Inequality Theorem; the Midpoint Theorem; and more
- Perimeter and area: Parallelograms, trapezoids, regular polygons, circles
- Similarity: Ratio and proportion; properties of proportions; similar triangles
- Right triangles
- Circles: Central angles and arcs; inscribed angles; chords, secants, tangents; arc length, sectors
- Geometric solids and coordinate geometry
CliffsQuickReview Geometry acts as a supplement to your textbook and to classroom lectures. Use this reference in any way that fits your personal style for study and review — you decide what works best with your needs. Here are just a few ways you can search for topics:
- Use the free Pocket Guide full of essential information
- Get a glimpse of what you’ll gain from a chapter by reading through the Chapter Check-In at the beginning of each chapter
- Use the Chapter Checkout at the end of each chapter to gauge your grasp of the important information you need to know
- Test your knowledge more completely in the CQR Review and look for additional sources of information in the CQR Resource Center
- Use the glossary to find key terms fast.
With titles available for all the most popular high school and college courses, CliffsQuickReview guides are a comprehensive resource that can help you get the best possible grades.
About the Author
ED KOHN was an outstanding educator and author, with over 33 years’ experience teaching mathematics.