CliffsQuickReview Sociology provides you with an in-depth review of the principles of sociology — the scientific study of human groups and social behavior. Because sociology examines how social relationships influence people's attitudes and how societies form and change, sociology has an incredibly broad scope. This guide boils sociology down to easy-to-understand terms and concepts, and as you work your way through this reference, you'll be ready to tackle such concepts as
- The sociological perspective and research methods
- Cultures and societies, and socialization
- Social groups and organizations
- Deviance, crime, and social control
- Social and global stratification
- Race and ethnicity, and sex and gender
- Economics, politics, education, marriage, family, and alternative lifestyles
- Religion, health, medicine
- Social change and movements
CliffsQuickReview Sociology acts as a supplement to your textbook and to classroom lectures. Use this reference in any way that fits your personal style for study and review — you decide what works best with your needs. You can read it from cover to cover, or just use it when you need important information and put it back on the shelf for later.
With titles available for all the most popular high school and college courses, CliffsQuickReview guides are a comprehensive resource that can help you get the best possible grades.
Cliffs Notes, 9780764586156, 256pp.
Publication Date: July 24, 2000