CliffsNotes on Hurston's Their Eyes Were Watching God (Paperback)
Cliffs Notes, 9780764586613, 112pp.
Publication Date: December 11, 2000
In CliffsNotes on Their Eyes Were Watching God, you discover the work of one of the 20th century's first African-American female authors—Zora Neale Hurston. In the novel, Janie Crawford returns to her hometown in Florida and relates to her friend Pheoby the tragic story of her 40-year search for love and respect.
Chapter summaries and commentaries take you through Janie's journey, and critical essays give you insight into the novel's themes and structure, as well as Hurston's use of figurative language and dialect. Other features that help you study include
- Character analyses of the main characters
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- A section on the life and background of Zora Neale Hurston
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- A Resource Center full of books, articles, films, and Internet sites
Classic literature or modern-day treasure—you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.