CliffsNotes on Sinclair's The Jungle (Paperback)
Cliffs Notes, 9780764586750, 112pp.
Publication Date: December 15, 2000
With help from CliffsNotes on The Jungle, you explore one of the first American social protest novels. At first look, the novel is a gritty investigation into the meatpacking industry; however, it evolves into a challenge to the policies and beliefs of our political organizations at the beginning of the 20th century.
This concise supplement to Upton Sinclair's The Jungle helps you understand the overall structure of the novel, actions and motivations of the characters, and the social and cultural perspectives of the author. Other features that help you study include
- Chapter-by-chapter summaries and analysis
- Character analyses of major players
- A character map that graphically illustrates the relationships among the characters
- Critical essays
- A review section that tests your knowledge
- Glossaries of key words and terms
Classic literature or modern modern-day treasure — you'll understand it all with expert information and insight from CliffsNotes study guides.