125 Best Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes (Paperback)
Robert Rose, 9780778801047, 192pp.
Publication Date: September 1, 2004
Vegetarians can enjoy all the benefits of slow cookers.
Slow cookers have been rediscovered by a whole new generation of busy families, students and professionals. Those on the go love being able to throw wholesome ingredients into a cooker, close the lid and come home to a hot, satisfying meal at the end of the day. However, most slow cooker cookbooks feature recipes using meat, poultry and fish, and include only a few vegetarian recipes.
125 Best Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes features outstanding vegetarian recipes including:
- Cannelloni with Tomato Eggplant Sauce
- Three-Bean Chili with Bulgur
- Louisiana Ratatouille
- Rice and Bean Casserole with Cheese and Chilies
- Creamy Leek, Potato and Mushroom Stew with Blue Cheese
- Succulent Succotash
- Potato-and-Cauliflower Dal with Spicy Shallots
- Cider Baked Beans
- Meatless Moussaka
- Mushroom and Artichoke Lasagna.
Also provided is useful information about the basics of slow cooking and tips like using whole leaf herbs and spices. Common pantry ingredients are particularly helpful in turning out great-tasting and innovative slow cooker food.