The Healthy Slow Cooker (Paperback)
More Than 100 Dishes for Health and Wellness
Robert Rose, 9780778801337, 288pp.
Publication Date: February 4, 2006
A winning combination of healthy eating and convenience.
Here's an ideal combination: a tasty meal, nutrition for good health, and the convenience of a slow cooker. The Healthy Slow Cooker offers more than 100 delicious, nourishing recipes that are healthy and contain key nutritional, health and wellness information. Along with a complete nutrient analysis, each recipe will feature:
- An icon denotes vegan friendly recipes
- "Mindful morsels" that highlight particular nutritional elements
- "Natural Wonders" that provide an a overview of a dish's healthful benefits
For example, Indian-Style Chicken with Pur ed Spinach provides 400% of the daily requirement of Vitamin K, and cumin in the recipe improves digestion. Here's a small sampling of the tantalizing array of recipes:
- Creamy Polenta with Corn and Chilies
- Moroccan-Style Lamb with Apricots and Raisins
- Ribs 'n' Greens with Wheatberries
- Winter Vegetable Casserole
- Cranberry Pear Brown Betty
- Indian Banana Pudding
For diabetics, the book features a separate section of useful advice and nutrition guidelines.