Diabetes Comfort Food (Paperback)
Robert Rose, 9780778801481, 285pp.
Publication Date: August 21, 2006
Managing diabetes can include soul-satisfying comfort foods.
Many who are committed to managing diabetes feel deprived of the comfort foods others enjoy regularly. Everyone needs a soul-satisfying dish once in a while.
Diabetes Comfort Food offers 250 recipes that bring to mind the warmth of home and family. Each recipe has been reviewed by a Certified Diabetes Educator and features a data-box of complete nutritional analysis per serving as well as an "Exchanges per Serving box."
Anyone with diabetes can enjoy such comforting dishes as:
- Creamy mushroom soup, honey-garlic chicken wings
- Sunday roast beef with wine gravy, zesty barbecued spareribs
- Best-ever macaroni and cheese, baked penne with Italian sausage and sweet peppers
- Classic scalloped potatoes, creamed spinach and mushroom bake
- Butter tarts, oven French toast, classic chocolate chip cookies.
Also included are recipe tips, meal suggestions and make-ahead ideas that will appeal to both novice and experienced home cooks.
Managing diabetes can include interesting as well as healthful dishes. This book includes a wonderful variety of comfort foods that follow a sensible meal plan.