300 Best Taco Recipes (Paperback)
From Tantalizing Tacos to Authentic Tortillas, Sauces, Cocktails and Salsas
Robert Rose, 9780778802679, 384pp.
Publication Date: March 15, 2011
The most extensive collection of taco recipes, with perfect pairings for salsas, relishes and beverages.
A spectacular taco bible, this cookbook delivers the best recipes ever. From the crucial choice of the right tortilla to the correct preparation of ingredients and toppings, Kelley Cleary Coffeen's recipes are fun, simple, delicious and economical.
She has included a taco for every member of the family and any and every guest, from authentic Mexican tacos to traditional Americanized tacos as well as an array of creative culinary tacos that have never been done before. Here is a sample of the offerings:
- Chicken and turkey tacos, such as pollo verde tacos, sonora chicken flautas, 10-minute chicken tacos
- Beef, roast and steak tacos, such as gingered short rib tacos, green chili stew tacos, tres taquitos with guacamole
- Pork and lamb tacos, such as Southern pulled pork tacos with honey mustard glaze, spicy chorizo tacos
- Coastal, veggie and meatless tacos, such as Cajun shrimp tacos, mahi mahi tacos with citrus salsa, artichoke & spinach tacos
- Dessert tacos, such as honey pecan tacos, apple caramel streusel flautas, cherry cheesecake cupitas
- Salsas, sauces, relishes and more, such as peach & red onion salsa, roasted tomato salsa, blue cheese & onion relish, guacamole
The taco recipes are complemented by recipes for cocktails that are the perfect accompaniment, such as pink Cadillac margarita, Mojito de Mexico, tequila grand and mesilla sangria. The book also includes recipes for authentic flour and corn tortillas, roasted and grilled meats and poultry, refried beans and 100 different vegetables, cheeses and salsas and other sauces. Everything needed to make outstanding taco meals can be found here.